Tuesday 11 June 2013

Guess who's back...?

...Back again? TheGoldSmith's back! Tell a friend!

Sorry for the absence, but I have finally finished my 2nd year of Uni & I am half way with my big move to London. For those unaware, I am 2 weeks away from commencing a full year internship at ASOS. Excited would be an understatement!

But as I mentioned in a previous post, I'd had a spree on Ebay buying little pieces to begin my own jewellery making kit. And as promised, I am going to keep you updated. So far I've made a few necklaces, some for practice of technique, but there are two that I really like. 

The pendants were purchased off Ebay for about £2 I think. Its got a pink tint to it which  I really like, and  each stone has a different pattern on it.

I made this one yesterday. I ordered a set of pendants made from the same stone  but all in different shapes and sizes. They only cost £2. This one was so simple and easy to make, all in all probably cost about £3 to make. Which s such a cheaper and more unique option to the high street!
At the moment i'm just trying to build up my skills and work on techniques etc, but as a starting point, even the simplest of necklaces can still look gorgeous!

Give it a go guys! I didn't realise how cheap homemade crafts and DIY alternatives could actually be in comparison to High Street options. It's quite relaxing too!

TheGoldSmith xx

No comments:

Post a Comment