Thursday 26 April 2012

Everyday Motions

So, this is my first blog post in quite a few months! I do apologise! But I'm going to make much more of an  effort to post on regular basis from now!

But last night I had an odd dream about an old acquaintance who unfortunately passed away in the late months of last year. Despite the fact that I'd not spoken or seen her in about a year, she still managed to have a huge impact on my life. Such a lovely and positive young lady who left us in the early stages of her life. My main upset and revelation from the situation was that it can sometimes only take a major circumstance or turn in events for us to notice the amazing qualities that certain people have! The sad thing is that she now has no idea the influence she has had on many peoples lives, including my own! 

Appreciate those around you while they're here! And don't be afraid to tell them that you do!

Then, Only 10 minutes before writing this post, I was scrolling through the blog site of http://letsputourheartstogether.blogspot.co.uk/, reading her posts and in particular her posts on street style in and around Nottingham. As I read many of the comments left on her page, it stuck out to me how the simplest of blogs or photos posted by one person can effect and inspire so many other people. Be it people you know or strangers from around the world!

As I continued to rummage through posts and comments, I found a streetstyle post in which I feature. I found a few comments that complimented my outfit and how they were going to take inspiration from what I was wearing. Now, I'm not trying to big myself up in any way! aha But I simply find it amazing how something that I put on in the morning, be it with much thought and consideration or just chucked on, can inspire another person!


This then, lead me to a coco channel saying and image that I keep on my phone and is currently residing as my screen saver! 

"I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little, if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny."

Now, I'm sure this could simply be taken as meaning make sure you look descent when leaving the house, just in case you meet someone important, but I like to read into it slightly more.

When you're out and about on a daily basis, the way you look is important. But that's not to say that we don't all have sloppy days when we just cannot be bothered and that is fine! But always be cautious about what you're doing and how you do it. You don't have to know a person to have an influence on their life! A mere smile and positive attitude toward everything you do can stretch further those who stand in front of you!

That is all. Thanks for listening to me ramble on :) Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment